April 17, 2014

Atlanta Dogwood Festival


It was my very first time at the Dogwood Festival this past weekend and I really enjoyed myself! I went on Sunday with my boyfriend and his daughter and it was such a beautiful day. We started the day off by checking out the kid things and I was pretty impressed with what they had to offer. There was a Radio Disney area where they had a hoola hoop competition to the Frozen soundtrack (my new favorite Disney movie). We got a Frozen bag filled with promo items. It was so cool for me to be on the other side of a promo like this.. Radio Disney reps were taking pictures of the kids holding the promo items! < that is exactly what I did at Allied for events. :)

Then we made our way to the PNC tent where they had a huge experiential marketing event for the kids. The theme was "what I wanna be when I grow up" and they started off by having the kids answer some questions on an iPad, like what comes next in the pattern and dragging coins into a piggy bank to see the total amount and things of that sort. Then, they dressed up in a costume for whatever they wanted to be when they grew up. Jahmal's daughter chose a doctor so they put on a white coat and a stethoscope and she took a picture in front of a green screen. While we were waiting for it to print out, we got to make a panda or a butterfly mask. We got to take home a cute picture of her as a doctor and some information on savings accounts and things related to the bank. Not once did they mention PNC bank or what they had to offer.. which I absolutely loved. It was subliminal and it worked for me. I'm definitely going to check this bank out when shopping for mortgage rates because I loved this experience.

After all of that, we went to check out the disc dog competition. It was a frisbee competition and it was possibly the coolest things I've seen dogs do! Of course there was tons of food and art booths, but we got so caught up in watching the dogs that that was all we had time for. It was fine by me! I will definitely be going back to the Dogwood Festival next year and for years to come. It was such a great thing to do for families and made for a lovely day. :)
Kinda hard to see but it's a dog running for the frisbee!
Top: Urban / Bottoms: AE / Bag: LV Shoes: Target