April 8, 2015

Project Life: How To Print 3x4 Photos At Any Photo Printing Store

I discovered a way to get 3x4 photos printed at my local Walgreens for my Project Life scrapbook. I'm making so much progress on my book and will update you on some of my pages below!

Walgreens only offers standard sizes - like 4x6 and 8x5. The only place I've found that will print 3x4's is Persnickety Prints, but it's really only worth it if you want a bunch of photos printed. I usually only want a few at a time, and like to pick them up right away. Also, I didn't want to get a good printer and ink and paper, so that isn't an option just yet. I was googling some ways to print my photos and found an idea that I could make even easier. A lady wrote that she uses Photoshop to put two 3x4 photos in a 4x6 size document. Genius! I don't have Photoshop because it is so expensive but I do have Google Drawing and it's free! Keep in mind, these prints are not the best quality.. I'm not sure why exactly but they are good enough for now. I don't think they have to be perfect especially since they are a small piece of my scrapbook.

Here's what you do:

1.   Open Google Drive. Everyone who has a Gmail has this.
2.   Go to Google Drawing and open a new document.
3.   Drag and drop any photo from iPhoto into the document.
4.   Do this twice to have two pictures per document. (see below for examples)
5.   Arrange the photos so that they are each 3x4 right next to each other.
6.   Click on "Download As" > "Save as jpeg"
7.   Enter in a title for the photo and move it to desktop or a folder.
8.   Upload photo through Walgreens Photo.
9.   You're done!




These are all works-in-progress, but I wanted to show you how I use my 3x4's in my book. I like to place my photos and journaling cards in first before I write and do the finishing touches. Let me know what you think!