August 17, 2012

pinterest art


I am completely obsessed with Pinterest. I love filling up all of my boards with things that inspire me and make me smile. One of my goals with this blog was to create a craft or an art project from something that I pinned and to document it.

I have been seeing chevron stripe paintings all over Pinterest and wanted to try it out for some much needed artwork for my bedroom. I started out trying to create the pattern on canvas with painter's tape and found it to be way more difficult than I thought. So, I decided to paint regular stripes instead in an ombre pattern! Home Depot sells mini paint samples for about $3 each and you can choose whatever color you want so I went with this inexpensive option! I had a lot of fun painting these canvases and they look great above my bed.




Make sure to check out my boards and follow me! :)