February 28, 2013

Intern Update


I love everything about my internship at Allied. Absolutely everything. I like that there a lot of interns - on the days that I am there we are packed into the tiny intern room with nine of us - but we are able to bounce ideas off of each other and give our little tips and advice about the professional world. I really enjoy this type of collaborative environment even though we all work with different clients. I am working on the Disney, 20th Century Fox and Relativity Media team and I have been working on Safe Haven, 21 & Over, The Croods and Oz: The Great and Powerful. Safe Haven is my new favorite movie and is probably in my top 5 favorite movie list now. It's that good. Every day I am doing something different and I am always so excited to go to work which is such a weird feeling! Like I would rather be at Allied than at Starbucks writing this post right now. One reason that most likely contributes to this feeling is the people there and the office culture. It is such a fun environment because we are all mostly working on upcoming movies.. who doesn't love movies?! It's a laid-back environment but still professional at the same time. I would say it's the perfect balance. Also I get to work events and advance screenings of movies and I am learning so much. I could probably go on and on about the things I love about Allied. I'm so excited for my future and am confident I chose the right field!