March 14, 2013

January & February Favorites

So my YouTube obsession has lead me to this post: my favorite products of the past two months. I have been buying and trying so many products over the past couple of months because of these beauty bloggers. My most favorite thing I bought recently is my Rebecca Minkoff handbag. Aghhh so in love! I have not purchased a bag since I got my Louis Vuitton probably 5 years ago.. that is an accomplishment guys. But I can never bring it on vacations and I hate to say this but I was getting tired of it finally! :( It is put away nicely in its dustbag for now. But anyways, this new bag is just absolutely perfect. It's a crossbody - which I've never really been a fan of but it is practical for my trip overseas and city living. I first saw it on kayleyscloset in her Amsterdam lookbook video and I knew I had to have it. It's so pretty and fits exactly everything I need.. a challenge since my Louis always held everything.


Next up would be my Stila "in the light" palette. It's kind of like Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 palettes but not so pricey. I first saw this on Zoella under one of her monthly favorites. I really like it and use it almost every day.


I have never used any skincare products for my face but after watching a few beauty bloggers talk about this product and realizing that I actually had a sample from Sephora, I gave it a try. I have super sensitive skin - to the point where I can't even wear sunscreen because I will break out no matter what I use. This hasn't made me break out at all and feels like it really cleans my skin after wearing makeup all day now. Some YouTubers say it's actually really bad for your skin but it's been working for me so far.

This hand cream was a personal discovery (a shocker, i know). The last time I was in New York City with my friend, we stumbled upon this place in Soho called Sabon. It kind of reminded us of Lush and was such a neat place! They had a huge basin in the middle of the store where you could receive a hand treatment using their body scrub and hand butter and cream products. It made our hands soooo soft! I ended up purchasing a small lavender apple body scrub and a mango body butter. I found a Sabon in Chicago the next time I was there and bought a hand cream this time. I was super excited to go to Sabon over spring break because I just love this place. Their scrubs are made from salt from the Dead Sea and it's an Israeli brand, which of course I gotta love. Anyway, this was my most recent purchase.


Fresh Sugar Lip Balm. I can't remember where I heard about this product but I want to say that I first saw it while I was exploring Sephora in-depth one day. It's $22 so it's definitely pricey for a lip balm but it's just wonderful. It smells so fresh, leaves a slight tint of color on your lips and really moisturizes them. I think I've already used half of it and that's pretty rare for me :O
..............................

Finally, this perfume from Benefit, Eva, was purchased at Ulta as an impulse buy. Something extremely rare for me especially since it's a perfume. First, I had to have it because of the name (it's my orange kitty's name!) and second because it reminds me of my very first perfume, Happy Heart, that I just recently ran out of.


xoxo.