July 26, 2013

Georgia On My Mind


Moving to a new place is something very new to me. Before moving to Chicago, I lived in the same house my entire life, except for the few months I lived in Kennesaw in an apartment. So, I'm not really used to living with people I don't know in a place that's not so familiar. I don't have many things in common with my roommates, I haven't been liking my internship and I'm very single and very very broke. Not exactly what I thought my life would be like after I graduated from college. However, at Allied in Atlanta, we had a guest speaker once tell us that this is all part of our "make it" story.. so I can definitely say I've struggled before hopefully "making it". This isn't meant to be a negative post, but it's real. Not everything is always perfect and I know that one day I'll look back and appreciate my success that much more. :)


You know I love making lists, so here's what:


Things I miss about Georgia:

1. My sweet cats and Heidi
2. Chickfila being convenient (there's 3 total in Chicago)
3. My car and being able to drive
4. Publix!!
5. Perimeter & Lenox Mall
6. Papasito's, Willy's, Firehouse, Waffle House, Zaxby's, Orient Express



Things I love about Chicago:

1. Taking the train to and from work is way better than sitting in traffic for an hour
2. Way better restaurants here - I just wish I had money to go out now!
3. There's a beach
4. You can walk/take public transportation everywhere
5. Really great shopping - again, I wish I had money now
6. Lincoln Park Zoo
7. So many great museums and fun tourist attractions
8. The lake is beautiful

I can't wait to be back in good ole Georgia. Being away has made me proud to be from such a great city and has definitely made me appreciate where I was raised. What's your favorite thing about Georgia/Atlanta? <3