July 29, 2013

Wally is Famous!

This was my first time ordering Birchbox's limited edition boxes. I've always wanted to get one of them, but none of them seemed worth the price tag for me personally. These boxes seemed really fun and had products that I've actually been wanting to try. CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) teamed up with Birchbox to bring us their 2013 Beauty Insiders' Choice Awards nominees.

Before I get into the boxes, I have to share this! I tweeted Birchbox the picture above of Wally trying to open my boxes and look what they did! I don't know why I get so super excited/happy when a company tweets me back, but I just love it! I love social media and I'm fascinated with the way my favorite companies and brands interact with their followers. I guess my interest stems from two social media courses I took at KSU. Also, I wrote my semester - long company analysis paper on Birchbox so this was extra exciting for me!
This is his picture in their #PetsofBirchbox album on Facebook!

Now to the actual boxes:
This box is called Prestige Headliners and is worth $64! This one is still available on Birchbox. It's funny because I've been wanting to try a Julep nail polish for quite some time but they are pricey so I was excited that this included one, however this is the one color I didn't want to get. lol! It looks much better in person though, so I think I will like it. I also decided that I really actually do like the Living Proof hair primer and wanted a travel size for when I'm on vacation. 
What's inside:

This box is called the Mass Appeal box and contains drugstore products worth $49. This one is unfortunately sold out.. but here's what comes inside:
Simple® Revitalizing Eye Roll-On 
Burt’s Bees® Ultimate Care Hand Cream 
Revlon® Just Bitten Kissable™ Balm Stain 
L'Oréal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow
Nivea® A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care 
Olay® Pro-X Spot Fading Treatment
****
Happy Monday! xoxo