September 22, 2013

Laura Mercier Mini Haul


A bad couple of days called for a little retail therapy and I had some birthday coupons (more to come on that) to use, plus it was such a beautiful day so I just had to go out. First stop was Nordstrom because I saw that Jouer was doing a trend show that morning from their Instagram. I don't know where to get Jouer products in person, so I was excited to take a look at their stuff. However, when I got there it was absolutely crazy. I have never seen a Nordstrom this crowded even during Christmas! Sadly I missed out on taking a look at Jouer, but I made my way over to the Laura Mercier counter and was eyeing the mineral powder foundations. I was helped immediately and was asked what drew me to the mineral powder. Of course my answer was YouTube! She told me that it would be too much coverage for me (whatttt) and recommended their new pressed powder foundation. I'm guessing it's a compliment that I don't need coverage because she was even lightly applying the pressed powder with a fluffy brush. I don't want to cover up my freckles and this does not at all. I think it gives a nice finish though and if I ever get red and splotchy, I can build it up for more coverage. Yay for purchasing my first ever foundation!! I got mine in shade 04.


Then, she showed me a bronzer that is in their gift with purchase and it was very pretty. Next was a highlighter. Oh my. I'm so glad I stopped here. This highlighter she showed me is called Spellbound and it's limited edition and is absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me of the MAC mineralize skin finishes, but I don't own any so I can't really compare. But the lady told me she loves this one because it has a creamy finish but it's a powder. And aghhh it is soooo pretty! I want to stare at it all day. I don't have any highlighters so I'm really happy about this purchase.


To earn my gift with purchase, we added in a lip gloss. I got it in Baby Doll. It smells and tastes like vanilla and it stayed on all day but it's not too sticky. I hate hate hate sticky lip glosses and this is not bad at all. This is a perfect pink and it had some shimmer in it as well, which I actually really like.



In the Gift with Purchase:
Bronzer in Bronze 03
Flawless Skin Face Polish
Lip Gloss in Desert Rose
Foundation Primer

I also stopped at Anthropologie for Anthro Day and to pick up a gift for Corey and Grace's first anniversary. And finally, I went to Target with the intention of only getting a card and some allergy medicine. Instead, I found five pieces of clothing. I got three tops, 1 sweater and 1 blazer/sweater. I couldn't pass it up. I think I'll do a post on just a Fall Target Haul because I have a feeling I'll be back for more plus I need some shoes for fall!

I edited my photos by using the app called Beautiful Mess. You can download it for free here.

What's your favorite product from Laura Mercier?