September 21, 2013

The Ultimate Foot Treatment (At-Home Edition)

Chicago has officially ruined my poor tiny, size 6 feet. Even my mom noticed and took me to get pedicures when I was home earlier this month. Even the lady doing my pedicure had to scrub my feet way longer than normal for me. That's when you know it's bad. When Anna visited me, we got some foot treatment products from Lush and gave ourselves a nice foot spa night. I have been using body scrubs at least twice a week on my feet and use some of the products we got from Lush every once in a while. You can check out all of the Lush products listed below, right here.

The Routine!

Lush Stepping Stone Foot Scrub
We started off by filling the bath tub with a few inches of hot water and soaked our feet in it. Once we had damp feet, we each broke off a chunk from the Stepping Stone and crumbled it in our hands and rubbed it all over our feet. It needs to be somewhat moist to be activated (don't run this under water though!) and it feels so cool!! It's tingly and fizzes like how Airborne does but has a cooling sensation as well. It kinda smells like peppermint and it's super dark green. We soaked our feet in the water after scrubbing to remove the rest of the scrub.
My little helper
Starting to fizz!
You can see the consistency is really thin, but the fizzing bubbles does all the work!

Lush Volcano Foot Mask
To use this, you need dry feet. After we rinsed away all the scrub, we dried our feet and got some plastic wrap and baggies ready for this next step. When we were looking at this in the store, I hated the way this smelled. But I realized it was because it has cloves in it, which reminds me of when my mom used to make canned ham with cloves. Yuck. Once I got past that, I thought this would be a good product to try. This stuff drys really quickly, so you have to be fast when applying this to your feet. I recommend doing one foot at a time and placing a large plastic bag over your foot immediately after application. The first time we did this, we didn't do it fast enough and it was completely dry - and it's not supposed to be! Leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes and rinse off. It kind of has a burning sensation but in a good way -  it feels really good! We then used more of the "stepping stone" to scrub away the leftover hardened mask.


Lush Fair Trade Foot Lotion or Soap & Glory Heel Genius
Since Anna bought the Lush foot lotion, I have been using my Soap & Glory Heel Genius instead. They are both similar products in that their purposes are the same. The Lush one is more liquidy I would say and smells differently. They are both really great products though and I will probably be purchasing the Lush one soon. We lathered it all over our feet and put socks on so that it could really soak into our feet overnight. It really did work wonders! :)
This is the Soap & Glory Heel Genius
Hedgehog Socks from Target
I know Lush carried a mini set of all of these products mentioned, but I believe it has been sold out for a while or is no longer available. Of course it came out like a week after we bought all of this stuff! If they ever bring it back, I will most definitely be purchasing it for myself as well as for gifts. But you could always create your own gift set if you'd like. I hope this inspires you to kick up your feet and pamper them! ;)

Happy Saturday!