September 19, 2013

Orange is the New Black

I haven't watched a scripted TV series in years. I think the last one I was into was House or Nip/Tuck when they were on Netflix. I am an absolute sucker for reality TV. I watch almost every single show on Bravo, The Kardashians, TI & Tiny, Teen Mom and yes I still watch Survivor. Don't judge. Anyways, I watched the entire season of Orange is the New Black in two days, that's how much I loved it. I've never been one to watch TV all day or try to finish a season so fast, but I couldn't stop watching. I love shows about jail/prison so much because it is so fascinating to me. I could literally watch documentaries on jails and prisons for hours and never get bored of it.

Reasons why I love Orange is the New Black:

1. It's about the dynamics of a women prison
2. Laura Prepon is in it (Donna from That 70's Show)
3. All of the characters are so interesting - they all have different back-stories
4. The way they show each character's back-story is perfect in every way
5. The acting is so good. so good.
6. It's just SO interesting. I don't see a lot of things coming and I love that about it.
7. I really like the main character, Piper, and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

And I can't think of any other specific reasons, but you should just watch it. I need a new series to get into now! What show are you currently obsessed with?