October 10, 2013

Birthday Brunch


This past Sunday, my parents and I went to West Egg Cafe for a belated birthday celebration. Breakfast food is my favorite, so I thought it would be fun to go for brunch instead of the usual dinner. And I have been dying to check this place out after hearing so much about it!

We went around 10:30 and had to wait about 45 minutes for a table, but I had expected a wait after reading some reviews, so it was ok with me. While we were waiting, I got an iced chai tea latte and a magic cookie bar from the coffee bar/bakery area. Both were really good. The tables are science classroom tables and the menus are inside manilla folders. I loved that. My mom really liked the design of the restaurant.. dark grey ceilings, white subway tiles, cement floors and wooden accents. It had a really cool vibe and the servers were tatted, which added to its hipsterness. The names of the items on the menu were clever and were mostly all related to Georgia, Atlanta and the South. My dad ordered the "Westside Pileup", my mom got the "Blue Plate"and I chose the Challah French Toast.


Challah French Toast
Westside Pileup
Blue Plate

I really enjoyed my food and my mom loved hers even more. She practically ate her entire plate! The hashbrowns had such a great flavor and the bacon was super crispy. I will definitely be back and highly recommend this place!