October 13, 2013

LUSH Hair Mask, Shampoo & Conditioner Review

I had a whole post ready to go on my review of Pureology's Red hair care line.. until I realized that it was actually making my hair super oily. I had been wanting to try a new shampoo and conditioner because I like to change it up and I was never really happy with the way that the John Frieda shampoo/conditioner smells. I went to Lush to get a hair mask because I felt like my hair needed a little something extra after using Pureology's stuff. I went in with the intention of getting the "Roots" hair mask, but after talking to a sales associate, I went with the Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze. And I'm in love with this stuff. 
First of all, the smell of this product.. I can't even. It smells so good and even lasts through the shampoo and conditioner and even on to the next day. I didn't use as much as you're supposed to, but even so it definitely worked. My hair feels so soft and light and fluffy. It's funny because I described the feeling to mom as "fluffy" and didn't even realize that was in the name of this product. It has some really great, natural ingredients like organic jojoba, almond, brazil nut and extra virgin coconut oils, and is good for taming curly and frizzy hair. You just apply this to dry hair and leave in for 20-30 minutes and shampoo it out. 
And speaking of shampoo, I tried this bar shampoo as well, called Trichomania. I was given a sample of this as well as a conditioner called Retread - both were recommended by the lovely sales associate (she uses all of this stuff and told me to feel her hair - which was so soft)! Trichomania is a solid shampoo containing creamed coconut and coconut oil. So it's extremely hydrating, which makes it good for curly, frizzy and dry hair. Which perfectly describes my hair. All you do is rub it in your hands and use like a regular shampoo! It's a weird feeling at first, but it works the same as liquid shampoo. Also, I love the smell of this.. it reminds me of the Caribbean. The conditioner also smells really good and has a ton of great ingredients for the same type of hair described above. It has seaweed, lanolin, cantaloupe, yogurt, olive oil, jojoba oil and avocado oil in it. How crazy! I'm totally into this natural ingredients thing, especially for my hair. I put my hair through way too much so I feel like these Lush products are really good for me. And I also feel that they make my hair look, feel and most importantly, smell much better. I have never had good smelling hair before. Seriously. I always use a ton of products and the flat iron's heat just covers up any scent.. but not on these products! 

This has made me even more of a fan of Lush than I was before and I will definitely be purchasing the full size of the shampoo and conditioner that I tried. The only question is how do I keep a solid shampoo in my shower?