August 7, 2014

Weekend at the Lake


This past weekend, Corey, Grace and Greta came to visit Georgia. It was Greta's first airplane ride and first time in Georgia and we had a blast!




On their first night in Marietta, we all went to Seed Kitchen & Bar for dinner. My cousin is the Chef de Cuisine at Seed so it was nice to see him too. The food here is amazing. I came here for my graduation dinner and have been several times before, but this time I was really able to appreciate how delicious everything really is. I'm working on a post about my favorite restaurants in Atlanta, so I'll write more about our food in that post! :)




The next day, we went to Roswell Mill for a little walk to see the waterfall and have a mini picnic. It was such a beautiful day and no one had ever seen this waterfall before and we couldn't believe this was in our backyard! Although it is created from a dam, it's still really pretty and has some great historic significance along the trail. After our walk, we went to Whole Foods to pick up some ice cream and King of Pops. Greta loved trying the ice pops for her first time!









Now it was lake time! My family has a houseboat on the lake in Murphy, North Carolina and we have been going there for years. My aunt and granny live in houses that are about 30 minutes away from the lake that my grampy built from the ground up many years ago. All of my family drove up to be at the lake with everyone. Before everyone arrived, we went tubing on a river in north Georgia - right on the line between North Carolina. No one got any pictures because we didn't want to ruin our phones or cameras, but it was an experience I'll never forget! I had so much fun and will have to do it again sometime soon. After we went tubing, we went to Mercier Orchards to pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables and some fried pies. That place was just so cool I'll need to go back!!




Peach fried pies!

Taste testing peaches



Sunset at the lake

Until Next Time!