July 17, 2012

flip burger

I absolutely love going out to restaurants. My dad always reminds me that I spend way too much money going out to eat but I just can't cook! I try, I really do, but I am rarely successful in creating anything edible. I can make a mean PB&J however. Last night, my two friends and I ventured downtown to the Atlanta Food Truck Park. We were disappointed to see that only one truck was there and decided to drive down Howell Mill and see what else was around. I used to have a nanny job in this area and remembered that I always passed Flip Burger. Although I have been here before, I wanted my friends to try it and that's where we went! I got the turkey burger and a s'mores milkshake.. delicious!! I wanted to try their Captain Crunch milkshake but they just switched it to a Krispy Kreme milkshake that I definitely need to try next time. If you're an onion rings person, you have to try theirs.

After dinner, we decided to see what was going on in Atlantic Station and found a tennis tournament going on.. pretty exciting! It was in the same place that Cirque du Soleil was last time I went and I captured the same shot of the Atlanta skyline that I took two winters ago. Looking out at that skyline makes me fall in love with my city.. yes I am a true city girl.

A little side-note of the night: My friend and I always listen to Hot 107.9 and love the Durrty Boyz and their "let go's." Alexis called in and got through to one of the boyz and told them her 'let go' and they played it back on the radio! It made her night and made me love this radio station even more.