September 12, 2012

intern diaries part 1



I have so many things I want to write about from my internship so I'm gonna jump right in it! Today was a full day for me, so 9:30-5:30 plus 2 hours total of traffic (yikesss!).

Here is a breakdown of my day:


9:30-10:00 - Read through my emails and posted deals sent from a client onto their deal website

10:00-10:30 - Saved images sent from a client into our shared folders and posted to their Tumblr page

10:30-12:00 - Worked on a newsletter for a client.. encountered many technical issues and got hungry!

12:00-1:00 - Went to Which Wich where I got the most delicious sandwich ever! Turkey with cranberries and stuffing! Picked up a sandwich for another coworker as well.

1:00-2:30 - Continued to work on this newsletter and FINALLY solved the technical issues

2:30-3:30 - Created tweets and Facebook posts for The Hotel at Auburn University.. Follow them @HotelatAuburn and on Facebook!

3:30-5:00 - Scanned publicity (magazines) and merged all scanned images and texts together using Photoshop.. very time consuming but it turns out great! Also learned about DropBox and will be using it on Friday.

5:00-5:30 - Continued working on tweets and came up with some good ideas for next week's tweets!

I'm learning so much and I'm loving my internship so far. I have a lot more to share but I need to start on my project that's due tomorrow.. I will post about my work outfits later this week and also about the many different programs and tools we use at my internship.