June 12, 2013

Allied Chicago Update


It has been a few weeks since I started my internship at the Allied office here in Chicago and I've waited a while to write about it for a few reasons. It's so so so different from the Atlanta office in so many ways, so it's been difficult to not compare my experiences with each other. My feelings about this internship change every day.. Some days I love it and some days I'd rather be back in Atlanta. I'm on two different teams again funnily enough. (Again the only intern on more than one team.. Odd huh?) I am working with Sony Pictures and A24 Films on one team and Universal Studios and 20th Century Fox on the other team. Most interns are only dealing with one studio, so I am lucky to be working with so many! The best part of this deal? I get to work on Moxy, which is Allied's African American outreach program. In Chicago they don't have a separate team for Moxy like they do in Atlanta, so each studio here adds in Moxy directives as they feel necessary for this market. However, it has been such a huge challenge for me! This is also the part where it gets really hard to explain.. In Atlanta, it's pretty diverse but easy to target the African American audience; whereas in Chicago, it is segregated geographically within the city and not easy to target directly to the proper audience we are looking for. It's definitely tough, especially since I'm not as familiar with Chicago yet. It's definitely exciting for me that I get to help with Moxy. Tomorrow I get to work a Monsters University advance screening and my brother and Grace will get to see it with me! I can't wait to hear what they think of it.

The picture above was from yesterday when I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo by myself. It was such a beautiful summer day!