June 18, 2013

Chicago Haul


I feel guilty even writing this post, but retail therapy is the best kind of therapy andd Chicago has the best shopping. Whoops. This is a collection of shopping trips since I've been in Chicago, so roughly over a month's span.

From the Nordstrom's Sale:
I got these Nikes that sooo many people have, but I saw one of my favorite YouTubers got these for Christmas and I've been wanting them ever since. They were on sale, so I had to grab them. In a 5.5.. what is wrong with my feet?! Also Nordstrom tweeted me and I almost died. :)


MAC:


I got my first ever eye shadows from MAC and I am seriously in love. I watched Jaclyn Hill's and Tanya Burr's YouTube videos on their favorite MAC eyeshadows and picked a few that I liked best. I wanted to start out with a quad palette because it's easy to keep in my makeup bag and I feel like it's a good size to start off with. I now know how much I love their eyeshadows so I think I'll expand to a pro palette at some point in my life. While I was in the store picking these out, I also thought I''d pick up a new bronzer since I feel like the NARS Laguna is a little too dark for my skin tone. The makeup artist who was helping me out chose Soft Sand from their new Rising Temperatures collections and I really like it. It does have shimmer in it, which I know not everyone likes, but it's not too Edward-esque  so I'm fine with it. While she was applying the bronzer, she said my eyelashes were amazing and asked what kind of mascara I used. Totally made my entire day. In case you were wondering, it was Covergirl Clump Crushers. My reasoning behind purchasing MAC products over my favorite, NARS, was that it is actually cheaper. The eyeshadow pans are $12 each and the palette itself is $9. I got to pick the colors I wanted and can change them out whenever I want to. The bronzer wasn't too expensive either and the packaging for this collection feels like NARS packaging, which I'm a sucker for.

From top left to right: All that Glitters, Expensive Pink
From bottom left to right: Soft Brown, Antiqued

LUSH:

I had the absolute best experience here the other day. They are always super friendly and helpful at Lush, but I was the only one in the store and I really got treated like a Princess. If you are ever in Chicago, I suggest going to the one on Armitage which is where I went. This is also where the MAC pro store is and a Benefit Cosmetics store (aka Heaven). Rachel helped me out and gave me a hand treatment and a facial on my hand. She also informed me of some products that would be beneficial for my type of skin. I ended up getting Ocean Salt scrub since I've heard so many good things about this stuff , a facial moisturizer and a bubble bar. I also got a sample of their toner and shaving cream. I need to go back for the body lotion she put on my hands because it lasted the entire day!

Victoria's Secret PINK:

Agh their semi annual sale gets me every single time. I actually haven't bought anything from here in a really long time since my credit card balance is wayy too high, but I couldn't resist with these prices. I got two pairs of sweatpants, a v-neck, tank top and a zip up hoodie. All for under $100. I went specifically for these sweatpants because these are my new obsession. I got a PINK gift card from my dear friend Anna and used it to buy a pair of these in gray. I have been wearing them almost everyday.. they are so perfect. I haven't been able to find any sweatpants from here in a while because they're usually too big but these actually fit me so I had to buy more. And they were half price! The v-necks are also my favorite and I was about to buy this green one the last time I was in the store and I'm glad I waited. Also got it for half off. I wish I could stock up on more but I will save it for the next semi annual sale!

Target:



I've made way too many trips here but it's ok. During my last trip, I got a little carried away but I needed these things! I got two tops, a dress and a pair of sandals. The sandals are from Sam & Libby for Target collection and these are seriously the most comfortable sandals I've had. And they were only $25 and look exactly like their ones they sell at Nordstrom. I almost got the leopard print ones but Grace picked these out and I actually liked them better, so we now have matching sandals :)

Urban Outfitters Surplus:
There's a surplus store in Lincoln Park and I don't know why this was my first time here. Maybe that's a good thing, because this can get dangerous. Everything is marked down and it's all the same stuff that you would find in a regular Urban Outfitters sale section but a whole store. I got two tops and this adorable red leopard print headband for under $50. They also have their brand of tights for only $3!! Their tights are seriously the best tights I've found. I love wearing them in the winter with skirts and dresses and boots - it's my favorite part about fall/winter. These are thick enough to keep you warm and don't get any runs or holes in them. They also come in a ton of different colors and patterns. I have so many of these but I'm so excited I discovered that they carry them at the surplus store.