July 5, 2013

The Fourth of July

This Fourth of July, I spent the day in the suburbs - Mt. Prospect - where Grace's family lives. I took the Metra train to Arlington Heights where I met Corey, Grace, her dad and two of her sisters, Molly and Ellen, at a parade. It was great All-American 4th of July parade with a small-town feel. They save the best for last and everyone goes crazy when a tumbling group is making its way down the streets. It's a team of tumblers that do flips off of each other and things like that. I only saw a couple of flips (and made a Vine of it as well) but it was amazing! From the parade we all went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, which by the way, is very new to Chicago and a lot of people have never tried it before!! Gasp! Then we went to the parade in Mt. Prospect and relaxed until dinner at Grace's Mom's house. Burgers on pretzel roll buns are my new favorite. After dinner came the fireworks at Mt. Prospect's fair/carnival. They were some great fireworks and we had an amazing view. I had a really good time in the suburbs yesterday and am so thankful for Grace's wonderful family!