September 30, 2013

Why You Should Re-Apply


I'm happy to announce that I am the newest intern for Buckhead Life Restaurant Group! I'm so excited to work for this company and I just can't wait to get back to Atlanta and start this new chapter in my life. They are interested in hiring full-time, so now is my chance to prove that I am valuable. I applied for this internship last fall.. before I had any internships or marketing and PR course work. What a difference one year makes! They were so happy that I re-applied for this position, and I am too.

Last fall, I also applied for an internship at Allied Integrated Marketing and didn't get the internship. But I re-applied for the spring and got the internship then. They saw that I had improved from the first time I applied and gained more experience through my internship at Pineapple Public Relations. It took a lot of courage for me to re-apply to a place that I wasn't accepted, but I am so glad I took that chance. What is there too lose really? They appreciate that you are able to swallow your pride and keep trying even if you fail the first time. They like to see that you grew and improved yourself and your skills. And what they like even more is that you are still interested even after not getting the position. It shows that you are passionate and won't give up on what you want. It's definitely not an easy thing to do, but it has paid off both times for me!

*update* I have since decided to not accept this internship position. I was offered to help work on some projects at Allied and will also be working at Copeland's this fall. My next post will explain more.