May 3, 2014

January - April Favorites

I've been pretty much using the same products this year. I love my makeup collection and I'm finally getting to use everything! I've been trying this thing out where I have to use one different product each day and it's really allowed me to try something new every day and get more use out of all of my products. Here is what I have been loving the past few months:

Lorac Pro Palette
This was my first-ever makeup impulse purchase. After watching EssieButton's video on YouTube which she told us about her long, sad journey to just find and purchase this palette, I wanted to find it for myself and once I did, I felt like I just had to buy it. I also really wished I could've got one for her and send it to her because her story kinda broke my heart. But onto the shadows.. they are amazing. I swatched a few shades in the store and was so surprised at how pigmented they were! I really love the colors as well and felt that I would be able to get a ton of use out of it (which I most definitely have). My favorite shadows from the palette right now are champagne, mauve and garnet.

Naked 3 Palette
Anna and I both bought this palette for each other for Christmas. Almost. I planned to get it for her but it was sold out at every Sephora so I went with a Marc Jacobs palette... soooo envious! She got it for me, but I already got my hands on it, so I got to trade it in for the Naked 2 palette! And now my Naked palette collection is complete. :) This palette is by far my favorite. I absolutely love the colors, it's exactly up my alley. I love lighter, shimmery, champagne colors and this palette has exactly that for me plus more.

NARS Cheek Palette
I created an entire post dedicated to this gorgeous palette. I love using a different blush from here each day and I'm able to use every single color in this palette. Best purchase ever.

L'oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara & The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner
I am in love with this mascara. It has the coolest wand.. it's curved with a cat-eye shape towards the end to flare out your lashes and I really like the formula. This one is the non-waterproof formula and I just purchased the waterproof formula and I think I like the non-waterproof better. This mascara goes perfectly with a winged eyeliner look. Which I can accomplish with the super slim liquid eyeliner. I think I've had this eyeliner for quite a few months and I use it every single day and it still hasn't dried out. Also, it's super easy to use and basically gives you a fool-proof winged liner.
 
Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer
I haven't heard anyone on YouTube talk about this bronzer. Until yesterday when I was watching Casey Holmes' collaboration with Amanda Ensing. I got this blush in a gift with purchase and have used it every single day since then. I am in love with it and can't wait to get the full-size version.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume (Spring 2013)
I forgot how much I loved this perfume. I didn't use it in the fall/winter months and now that it's finally warmer out, I have been using it every single day. It's the most perfect perfume for me and reminds me of last summer in Chicago. They have a new spring edition this year but I'm not really a fan of that one.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
I think this is my absolute favorite body scrub. And I love my body scrubs.. I've been meaning to dedicate a whole post to my top favorite body scrubs because each one serves a different purpose for me. This one smells so lovely.. kind of like a candy margarita. When I use it in the shower, my entire bathroom smells like it! It lathers up really well and exfoliates my skin the perfect amount. I know this might sound gross, but when I come home from work from Copelands, I use this on my feet and it relieves them and makes them smell so much better. lol it's seriously the only thing that works!
Pureology Shampoo & Conditioner in Reviving Red
I have to admit, I hated this stuff the first two times I used it. It was so expensive for these sample sizes ($7 a bottle!!!) and I was really disappointed. My old stylist once used this brand on my hair and I fell in love with the scent. Anyway, the first couple times I used it, I thought it dried out my hair, but I don't think I was using enough product or it was due to other factors. I really do like this shampoo and conditioner and I would love to purchase the full-size one day.. It's just so expensive!
Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in 'Carried Away'
I fell in love with Bath & Body Works body creams ever since Anna introduced them to me sometime last year. I use it after I shave all over my legs and it seriously makes them so smooth. I have sensitive skin so I normally get bumps all over my legs after I shave, but ever since I've been using this, my skin hasn't been irritated at all. The scent lasts all day long - even through my clothes! This scent has definitely been my favorite for the warmer months and I think I'll be needing a new one soon.
Lush Jasmine And Henna Fluff-Eaze Hair Treatment
I know I've talked about this stuff before, but I had to mention it after my last hair appointment. The stylist I went to said I had new hair growth all over my head. Even in the back.. which sounded so cool to me because I never thought about it before. I've been noticing baby hairs all over the front of my face and thought it was from my flat iron but it wasn't! It was new baby hairs! I want to blame it all on this product because I really think it has done wonders. I use it once a week, every Sunday after I've been at Copeland's all weekend and my hair reeks! I drench my hair - the roots and ends - with this stuff and leave it in for about 10-15 minutes before washing it out and shampooing/conditioning my hair. I don't use as much as it recommends because I want it to last longer than 2 or 3 treatments. And I think that's just fine. I've probably use this pot for about 10-15 treatments so far and I have about 2 more left. It leaves my hair feeling super soft, smooth and it smells wonderful even after I use heat on it. I highly, highly recommend this.
Bath & Body Works Mahola Maui Candle
I have been on a break with Bath & Body Works candles after discovering the ones at Anthropologie. But, I've gone back to them because they last way longer and fill up my entire apartment with their amazing scents. This one has been burning non-stop the past couple months and I don't want it to end!! It reminds me of the beach and it's the perfect spring/summer scent right now.

And that's it! I promise to do monthly favorites from now on because that was a lot of typing! :) What are your favorites from the month of April?? Happy Saturday!