December 28, 2014

Christmas in Georgia 2014

I had the absolute best Christmas of all time and just have to share some pictures. I took a bunch because Corey, Grace and Greta came to Georgia this year and my mom hosted a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day party and sit-down dinner! She worked so hard to make this a special year as it was Greta's first Christmas and Grace's first Christmas with us here. She transformed her studio in the basement into a beautiful dining room. We usually have Christmas Eve dinner at my cousin's house, but everyone came down with something like a flu. Last minute, we all went to Costco and came up with a sit-down dinner plan the day before Christmas Eve! I loved this last-minute craze and can't even explain why. The dinner was a success and I think the party was a hit as well. It certainly brought back so many memories when we used to host Christmas Eve when I was little.






On Christmas morning, Jahmal and I opened our stockings that we gave each other and headed over to my parents' where we had the best breakfast ever. My dad made the most perfect dollar-sized pancakes and we put Nutella and bananas on top. I must have this again tomorrow. Then, we opened our Secret Santa gifts. The six  of us: Mom, Dad, Corey, Grace, Jahmal and I all chose a name using Elfster and we set a price limit of $35. I had so much fun shopping for my person, my mom, as well as helping my mom out with hers. Grace got my name and made me the most incredible thing you will ever see. She made me my very own Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon. No pictures will do this thing justice.. there are so many details. Every time I look at it, I am in disbelief that someone could make this by hand! She is so creative and talented, you'll have to check out her shop to look at her other creations! My mom also hosted Christmas Day for the family and everyone came over for a turkey dinner. We all played a White Elephant game (our budget was only $10) and hung out with everyone until dinner. I loved having Christmas at my parent's house.. my mom really did an amazing job!







This is what was in my stocking!!


Christmas Party!
Wally is such a baby!





The day after Christmas we all went for a walk on the Chattahoochee River. It was perfect weather and Greta loved it!