February 7, 2015

Becoming A Teacher: Spring 2015

I'm in my first semester of being accepted into the early childhood education program at KSU and I'm taking a full load of courses and working part-time. I'm actually taking 20 hours, which is an overload. I think I will be able to juggle it all but it has meant less time for everything else, like blogging and watching YouTube. I have also discovered a few new hobbies that I'm loving and I have so much to share but hardly any time. The classes that I'm taking are Child Development and Early Learning, Curriculum and Assessment, Education of Exceptional Students, Music for Early and Middle Grades, Rational Numbers and Operations, Teaching Reading in Early Grades, and The Preschool Curriculum. It's a lot of work and I have to be ahead in all of the classes or else I will quickly fall behind. I have been learning so much already and am genuinely interested in every course. I also have a ton of field experience hours to complete and have a beautiful new professional wardrobe to go along with it. I am super excited to start my hours and hopefully student each this fall!
I'll leave you with a delicious cookie recipe that I tried out last night.. they didn't come out exactly like they were supposed to but taste amazing, which is really all that matters, right?!
Happy weekend!