February 10, 2015

Project Life Scrapbooking



I was watching Louise's video and she mentioned starting Project Life because she saw this video. I watched Lily Pebbles' other videos about Project Life, rummaged around the internet to find more information and was instantly hooked. I knew I had to make a Project Life scrapbook. I have been looking for an easy way to have my pictures printed and displayed. I always go back and look at my photos from a year ago to see what I was doing this time last year (Am I the only one that does this??). I also get sudden cravings to be creative but I don't really have a good outlet because I am not that talented when it comes to that. I have already started my scrapbook and I am absolutely loving it! It's so perfect for me because it is so easy and simple but has the power to let your creativity shine and become something not-so-simple.



I started off with the Midnight Edition Core Kit and a 12 x 12 scrapbook. I got the core kit for a steal of deal for only $7.99! It was definitely mis-priced so I obviously had to get it. I then ordered the pocket pages in Design A on Amazon for about $10 and used a coupon at Michaels to get the My Favorite Things Core Kit for only $15. However, once I had my printed photos and pocket pages in hand, I realized I rarely take any horizontal photos - and that's all design A has for its regular size photos. I decided to pick up a different pocket page design and mix them up, and I also made a mental note to take more horizontal photos for the future! 

I wanted to get started right away and do parts of 2014 and then continue in the same book with 2015. I am completely ok with it not just being one year. I just picked a few of my favorite times of the year that I had great pictures of and printed them all off at Walgreens.

I got a photo box at Michaels to store all of the cards together.. it's much easier to flip through them all this way. I also keep my favorite glue pen, washi tape, scissors, and exacto knife, and any other items I want to put in my book. 

I thought I would share the beginning stages of a few pages in my book to get a better idea of what Project Life really is! I'm definitely not done.. I still want to add words, notes and other little pieces to make it all come together. But so far, I'm in love with my pages and can't wait to see how they will turn out. :)


Hope you are inspired! I have a post coming soon on how to print pictures to fit in the small slots!