August 30, 2013

August Favorites

It's almost September! It's my favorite month because it's my birthday month! And it's closer to fall, which has always been my favorite season. I can not wait for boot weather, y'all have no idea! Here are my favorites from August:

Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss
I just love these Nivea lip butters. I use them every single day and keep one in my bathroom in one in my nightstand drawer. I like this flavor/scent? a lot.. it tastes so good! These are just really soft and actually moisturize your lips instead of just adding a layer of butter on top.
Nivea Olive Oil & Lemon 
Nivea, I am impressed with you! I got this in one of my special edition Birchbox's and love this so much! I keep this one in my purse because I don't need to use my fingers to apply it. It smells really fresh and works wonders. The green scared me at first, but the color doesn't show up on your lips!
Sabon Body Scrub in Patchulli Lavender
I want to do a whole blog post on this brand and I think I've actually talked about one of their products before in one of my favorites. I made a new tab where you can see all of my monthly favorites all on one page. Check that out if you're interested. Anyways, I love this body scrub.. it smells amazing first of all, but it just makes your skin feel baby soft. It's just so lovely. If you have a Sabon store in your area or if there's one when you go on vacation somewhere, make sure you check it out and get a free hand treatment to test this stuff out.
NARS Blush in Gilda
I use this blush everyday and it's such a pretty peachy-pink color. This picture doesn't show its true color, so I would swatch it in store to see how pretty this blush really is. I'm getting my camera back when I visit home this coming week, so I'll hopefully be able to take better pictures! Like all NARS products, this blush is really pigmented and you only need a tiny dab on your brush. A little goes a very long way!
MAC Eyeshadow in Texture
I've been filling/coloring in my eyebrows lately and it makes a huge difference since I have red hair and not red eyebrows. I've had this eyeshadow for a few months but I've been scared to do this because it can look really fake, but I love this look on me. My brother even noticed one day that I looked different.. I realized later that it was my eyebrows. It totally changes my appearance. Again, this picture does not show the true color, but I couldn't work out the lighting and I'm using my iPad as a camera. :/
MAC 208 Brush
To fill/color in my eyebrows, I use this MAC brush. It's perfect for the job and has many other uses as well. I'm going to try it with a gel eyeliner soon.
Essie Nail Polish in Peach Daiquiri
This color is the perfect red/peachy/pink color. It looks more red some days and more peachy other days. I have this color on my toes right now and I love it. This is actually one of my most used nail polishes.. I absolutely love it for the summer and when I'm going on a cruise.
The Body Shop Body Butters
I had a Groupon for $20 worth of products from The Body Shop that I purchased for only $5. So I got two body butters - one was half off as well - and this was actually my first time trying these out and I'm impressed. It took me a while to pick out the scents I liked best.. the strawberry is way too sweet and I don't understand why people love Satsuma so much? I settled on vineyard peach and brazil nut. I wanted a summery scent and something nice for the cooler months as well. The peach smells like a real peach.. I'm usually not much of a fan of peaches but I guess I'm missin the peach state more than I thought! ;) The brazil nut body butter kind of smells like the vanilla you bake with mixed with cinnamon sugar or something. I can't quite put a finger on it but I absolutely love this smell! The body butters themselves last all day and soak into your skin pretty quickly. I usually rub it into my hands to warm up the product before lathering onto my skin. Highly recommend these!
Vineyard Peach
Brazil Nut

Starbucks Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade
Yeah. Try ordering that one. It's a mouthful to say but it is super delicious. It's my new favorite Starbucks drink and I'll almost be sad to see it go.. except I'm ready for my pumpkin flavor drinks! Also, I really do like their new pastry brand, La Boulange. I will miss their iced lemon pound cake and cheese danishes but I'm excited to try more of their new pastries. So far I've had the pumpkin cream cheese loaf and chocolate pastry. In case you're wondering, my absolute favorite treat is pumpkin cream cheese muffins. I just can't wait for fall!!

Have you tried any of these products before?
Have a great weekend!