September 1, 2013

Vacation Packing Essentials

I'm going home!! Just for a week, but I am so happy.. I can't wait to be home! I think I have this packing thing down to a science by now, so I wanted to show you how I pack for a week-long trip. Since I am just going home, I don't need that many things.. so these are just my essentials. Enjoy!

Starting with my suitcase. This is the best suitcase I've ever used.. it holds everything I need and it's the perfect size. It can be taken as a carry-on and that's what I usually do. My mom and I used to think that hard suitcases didn't fit as much as fabric suitcases, but we were both wrong! My mom loves her bags and packing for trips so she really knows her stuff. She tried packing all of her cruise stuff in both types of suitcases and her hard suitcase won! We got 3 of them at TJ Maxx a couple of summers ago on sale for a steal! These brands are expensive full price. I did write a post a while back about my purple suitcase but since then I have added some stickers. It's so much fun to collect stickers on my travels now.

My mom always tells me to roll my clothes up to make them fit better in my suitcase and I have to admit she is right. I always try to not roll my clothes but end up having to to make it all fit.

I use this pink Vera Bradley ditty bag to keep all of my socks and under garments. I believe they still make a bag similar to this style, but it might be a bit bigger. They're also great for keeping shoes in or even dirty laundry and swimsuits. I also use another small cosmetic bag as my emergency kit. ;)
My other carry-on bag is usually this Vera Bradley I got a long time ago. I have so many other bags that could be used as my second carry-on but this holds the most stuff and it's more sturdy and protected than my others. I usually don't take too much with me in this bag to my destination but I come back with a lot more. I like that I don't have to worry about not being able to fit everything in my suitcase if I happen to buy things while on vacation.
Here's what's inside:
iPad mini (not shown) - I love that this can replace my super heavy laptop now! Worth every penny.
A smaller Vera Bradley cosmetic case - this contains all of my allergy meds. boo.
My purse - I'm bringing my Rebecca Minkoff & leaving everything inside
Chocolate & gum - What's a trip without this stuff?
Liquids - Since I carry on my suitcase, it's easier to have this handy in this bag.
Makeup bag & makeup brushes in a brush/pencil bag
Sunglasses - I get to drive finally and will need these!!
Backup iPhone charger from J.Crew
iPod nano -  since my phone can't hold as much music as I would like

My favorite part of packing is my toiletry bag. I use this one from Vera Bradley and it's perfect. I keep everything inside from previous travels so I'm ready for my next trip when the time comes. Also, I like to use travel-size products and I never use it all up on one trip/buy new ones before every trip. Is anyone else's favorite aisle in Target the travel-size section?!
In my toiletry bag:
Liquids bag
Hairbrush
Razor
Deodorant
Hair ties
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Stila "In the Light" eyeshadow palette
Dry shampoo
Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon body lotion
Q-tips
Makeup remover wipes

In my liquids bag:
Shampoo & Conditioner from Pureology's red line
Body Wash - I'm bringing my Soap & Glory Clean on Me
Target brand makeup remover
Philosophy Purity face wash
Miss Jessie's Quick Curls
Bath & Body Works Caribbean Escape hand sanitizer
Juicy Couture rollerball 
Perfume samples

My Travel Makeup Bag:
This makeup bag is just perfect.
NARS Bronzer/Blush duo
Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
NARS Eyeliners in black and nude
Loreal Eyeliner
MAC Eyeshadow Palette
MAC eyeshadow in texture
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
NARS Creamy Concealer in 
NARS lip gloss in
NARS blush in Gilda
Estee Lauder eyeshadow duo in Raisins
NARS pencil sharpener 

Makeup Brushes:
I bring only the makeup brushes that I absolutely need and I bring them in this Vera Bradley pencil/brush pouch. It's the perfect bag to hold the amount of brushes I need and they are kept nice and safe.

Have a Happy Labor Day!